ELKINS, W.VA. – The West Virginia Home Rule Board will meet Thursday, October 19, to discuss plans submitted by the City of Morgantown to amend its Home Rule Plan.
The meeting is set for 10:30 a.m. in Elkins at City Hall, 401 Davis Avenue, in Council Chambers on the second floor.
Secretary of Revenue Dave Hardy serves as chairman of the Home Rule Board.
“The City of Morgantown leadership team already has successfully implemented initiatives in the city’s current plan and now seeks to amend some provisions,” Hardy said. “We look forward to reviewing their proposal.”
Morgantown representatives have submitted the following amendment topics for consideration by the board:
- Fire Marshals’ arson and explosives offenses arrest authority;
- Limit expansion of nonconforming agricultural, industrial, and manufacturing uses;
- Waive certified mail requirement for zoning changes that alter density;
- Disposition of real estate without auction;
- Expend money on schools by agreement with the governing agency; and
- Eliminate property ownership requirement for park board membership.
The full meeting agenda is posted at http://wvdo.org/homerule/meetings.html.
Lalena Price | Communications Director
| 304.558.1017 | Lalena.D.Price@wv.gov